This page summarizes various logistical details.
- Loyola University campus maps
- Getting to the Loyola campus
- Arrival on campus and first events
- Off-campus gatherings:
Note: Items marked (New) were updated during Monday 8/3.
Loyola University campus maps
The following annotated excerpt from the Loyola University Lakeshore Campus map indicates the spaces we will use during the workshop: Loyola University annotated closeup map (Acrobat (PDF) 347kB Aug3 15)
Getting to the Loyola campus
- a suggested driving map for those approaching Loyola from the south (below), and
Loyola University southern approach by car (Acrobat (PDF) 600kB Aug2 15)
- an annotated copy of the Chicago Transit Authority local train maps, for travelers by plane or Amtrak (left).
Loyola University by train (Acrobat (PDF) 253kB Aug2 15)
Arrival on campus and first events
See the annotated close-up campus map to find the italicized locations below.
See the program page for more information about workshop events.
- Visit Regis Hall when you first arrive on campus in order to check in for the on-campus housing (if you will be staying in the provided housing) and/or to receive a parking permit (if you will be driving to campus, whether or not you are staying on campus) and wireless Internet information.
- (New) The address of Regis Hall is 6340 N Winthrop, Chicago IL 60660.
- (New) For drivers: You may park on campus streets(may be difficult to find a place) OR in the parking lot P1 during the day(before 7pm) without a permit. The parking permit is for overnight parking.
- (New) For drivers: You will need your license plate number to sign up for your parking permit.
- (New) For train riders:The closest stop to Regis Hall on the Red line is Granville, not Loyola. Walk two blocks north on Winthrop from the Granville stop to Regis Hall.
- For those staying in the provided housing in Regis Hall on campus: Regis Hall features private bathrooms and wireless Internet. Sheets and towels will be provided.
- (New) The provided wireless password is for one device only.
1. Tuesday evening "wind-down"
For winding down at the end of the day on Tuesday (or another day), our local hosts recommend:
2. Wednesday dinner location
The Wednesday evening dinner will take place at Reza's Restaurant, about 2 miles south of the Loyola campus. We will travel to Reza's in car pools.
5255 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60640
Map - Loyola to Reza's Restaurant (Acrobat (PDF) 282kB Aug2 15)